Sunday, February 7, 2010

My favorite 20 films of the 2000s: The Royal Tenenbaums

These are my 20 personal favorite films of the 2000s and they are not being ranked according to any criteria, other than I love them. So here they are, in alphabetical order:





The Royal Tenenbaums (2001) I am actually going to cop-out on this write-up, because I just don’t think any words can do justice to this film in the form of a re-telling. I mean, what is there to tell? This is an awesome family portrait in the strangest sense. See this if you like Wes Anderson films. See this movie if you like Bill Murray in Wes Anderson directed roles. See this movie if you like a cast that includes Gene Hackman, Anjelica Huston, Ben Stiller, Gwyneth Paltrow, Luke Wilson, Owen Wilson, Danny Glover, and Alec Baldwin. If you haven’t seen this yet, then you don’t need the plot – it’s awesome dead-pan humor. If you have seen it then you already know what happens, and I hope you feel the same way I do about it. No words can describe it. None at all.



No comments: